Over one third of the people reaching out to Axium Solar’s service department had their solar arrays installed by someone else.
Unfortunately, these people are experiencing difficulty in receiving a response from their original installer because that installer has since gone out of business or they are no longer offering service.. if they did to begin with. In several instances, we have discovered the following:
- The original installer was not licensed with the State of Texas
- The wiring is not compliant with National Electric Code or National Fire Code. In some instances, it was installed so haphazardly that it’s actually a fire hazard.
- The installer did not pull a permit to perform the installation. Did you know that where required, homeowners can be fined for not having pulled a permit for solar installations?
- The installation was not inspected. Generally speaking, the municipality who required the permit would also require an inspection.
- The system stopped working some time ago, but the array owner had no knowledge.
- The homeowner received roof hail damage and needs the array to temporarily come down for roof work, but the original installer does not offer this service.
- Or worse, the system was never commissioned! Can you imagine investing in a system that never worked?
If you’re considering solar, things can feel a little daunting. There is so much to learn, but you want to ensure that you get the best deal possible. Equally as important, you want your solar array installed correctly! It is helpful to know what questions to ask your solar installer before you sign the contract. We have put together a list of questions you should ask when considering a solar installation company: Click here to download/print the list.
Our crew members are electricians who are registered with the State of Texas. They are also well versed in National Electric code and adhere to OSHA standards. We have experience with residential, business, commercial and utility-scale installations and a service portfolio of same. We take great pride in our work, we’ve been around for a while and we’ll be there if you need us!