First off, congratulations on owning solar! If you’re new to owning solar PV, we do understand that the information is daunting and sometimes confusing, so we aim to make it easy for you so that you can benefit from clean, natural, renewable energy and save on your electric bill.
Things to acquire, if possible, from the former homeowner:
- Original drawings/blueprints
- Warranty paperwork
- Operations manuals
- Specs such as: Overall system size in kW and how many, what size and what kind of modules and inverters are installed.
- Date the system was last inspected and serviced.
- Communication devices and their cords and cables.
What to do next:
- Visit the Power to Choose website and select an electricity provider. You may consider filtering to those who offer green energy credits for excess energy your solar creates that is then sent to the grid.
- Learn about solar PV! We are also happy to teach you about solar so that you understand how your system works! For the interim, please browse our knowledgebase articles, as they provide answers to our most commonly asked questions.
- Complete an interconnection agreement
- Gain access to the solar monitoring portal
- Contact Axium Solar for a system inspection – Let us know you need assistance by completing the form here.
Axium Solar can assist you by inspecting your newly acquired solar array and determine whether there are problems. If something is amiss, we can order parts and/or work with the manufacturer warranties to get parts replaced and get things up and running.