As of this writing, one is not alerted when there are new Fronius software updates to install. Until Fronius implements that ability, Fronius customers should check for software updates on a monthly basis.
To check for Fronius updates:
- Login to your Fronius portal
- Navigate to Inverters via the top/menu bar
- Look at the update section to verify the software build you are on and to see if updates are available.
If you do find that a software update is available, here are the steps you can take to install it using a USB or flash drive:
At your computer:
- You will need a large flat head screwdriver, a USB stick and a computer connected to the internet to download the firmware update.
- On your computer visit fronius.com
- In the top right hand corner click on Download Search
- In the search panel type in USB update
- The results will pop up, click on SOLAR ENERGY
- On the left hand side select your country as a filter
- Click on the appropriate firmware download for your model of Fronius inverter
- Open USB folder and delete any files / folders that may be present
- Copy latest Fronius USB Firmware to USB stick
- Eject USB stick from computer and go to inverter
At your inverter:
- Undo screws holding lower gray cover onto inverter
- Remove cover
- Insert USB into inverter USB slot
- Go to Settings Menu
- Go to USB
- Go to Software Update
- Press Enter a couple of times on the screens showing firmware changes
- The inverter will copy the files, update and restart
- When the inverter had restarted go back to Settings
- Go to USB
- Go to Unplug USB Device
- When the screen shows OK remove the USB stick
- Close the inverter cover back up and reinsert the screws and you’re away!
There is also a YouTube video here: https://youtu.be/y7abDHGdV5E